All of Meyer’s grantmaking is framed by our commitment to dismantling barriers to equity and improving community conditions so that all Oregonians can reach their full potential.
We prioritize work that increases equity for and inclusion of Oregonians who experience disparities because of race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, disability status, geographic location or age.
We ask all our grantees to explore equity within the context of their organizations, and we challenge them to make progress on integrating equity in their work, partnerships, outreach, policies, staff and boards. Meyer applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their applications and we ask targeted questions about whom they serve and how their work reflects the needs of the communities they serve.
Below are some diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and demographics resources:
- Meyer Tools
- Our Equity Journey and DEI Spectrum Tool (A tool Meyer has created to assess an organization’s progress on DEI.)
- Demographics data collection tools
- US Census QuickFacts — demographic information, available by county
- Oregon Explorer — offers mapping and other tools with demographics data
- Oregon Explorer Communities Reporter — provides demographics information for specific towns, cities and counties
- Oregon Department of Education student information — Includes free-lunch and reduced-price lunch data for schools
- Kids Count data tool — demographics data focused on kids
- Other Resources